TeaTime with QuiltedHeart

Musings on many topics including tea & quilting & gratitude.

Name:
Location: Western Pennsylvania

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Yes, I know that it has been absolutely ages since I've blogged. I was thankful for the beautiful Western Pennsylvania Fall this year. I noticed that in our small town, the yellow maple trees hung onto their leaves the longest. Long after the red maples and other brilliant colored leafed trees had dropped their leaves, these sturdy yellow maple leaves shone bright. You could see the yellow leaves glowing as if on fire between the empty boughs that had long since dropped their leaves in the wind. I am thankful for trees that hold their beautiful leaves later than the rest.

I am 39, and this past January, I have discovered that after 17 years of marriage and primary infertility, I am pregnant without medical intervention. Today, I am 13 weeks pregnant, something I never thought possible. But, I know that with God all kinds of things are possible. I am amazed at how many people are praying for me during this time. I am so thankful for this miracle pregnancy in my life.

I have had to curb my use of herbal teas during this time of pregnancy. And, I have had some troubles with blood pressure. So, I have had to cut down on my tea consumption.

But, today, I'm planning to put a small jar of water and bags decaff tea outside to make some lovely sun tea. Here's a fun hint: put one bag of mint in with your suntea for a refreshing minty taste.

Lovely yellow leaves, a miracle pregnancy, minty sun tea ~ there are so many things to be thankful for today.

Praying God's blessings upon you all today.

Blessings,

QuiltedHeart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home